
Hello, my name is Peter Whittenberger and I am an MFA candidate at the University of Nevada, Reno. As we are in the midst of our MFA careers it has become clear to me that you and other MFA students will become my competition. Upon completion of our respective programs, we will begin competing for the same jobs and exhibition opportunities.
I say we might as well get started now. I’m here by challenging you to compete with me in a 100 meter dash in the beautiful city of Reno, NV. The competition will take place April 25, 2009 on the UNR campus. I have also extended this challenge to your colleagues at UNLV, as well as my fellow graduate students here at UNR. I’ve enclosed a SASE and participation form for you to fill out so you can express your interest in the competition. If you have any questions you may contact me at peterwhittenberger@yahoo.com and please visit http:unrvsunlvtheevent.blogspot.com for more information. I thank you for your time and look forward to your response.